Monday, November 26, 2012

Chicago: Part 1

I'm only slightly embarrassed to admit that I'm having all kind of difficulty with blogger and seem to have used up all my space for posting pictures.  How can this be?!  I have years of preciousness ahead to share with you!  Thankfully I am married to someone who knows how these computer things work and I have faith that he will figure it all out for me very soon.

In the mean time, here are at least a few (dozen) of the pictures I took on our amazing adventure to Chicago last week.  If you don't know me in real life, let me assure you, all these extra children do not belong to me, although that would certainly be newsworthy.  The stars aligned perfectly this year for us to take our vacation with two families who we love and don't get to see nearly often enough.  It was awesome.  




Ahh, the ever elusive photo of all 7 children.  Dave and Ami are even in there as a bonus.


 I think my favorite thing about watching these children grow up has been seeing how much they all love each other.  Well, that and getting to know all the amazing, talented, kind, funny, and perfectly, unexpectedly one-of-a-kind they all are.



Can you imagine this crew in 10 years?  Now that will be a vacation to remember!



Have you ever wondered why some people chose to leave their children at home when they go on vacation?  Well the next photo illustrates just one reason why this is a wise choice.  Not that I have ever been one for good decision making.


Notice my dear friends helping me to get my monkeys safely across a busy street in downtown Chicago.  Now look for Andy.  Yep, climbing a wall, not crossing the street.  If you're thinking he is probably about to go running out into traffic once he realizes he is no longer with us, you've done this before.

Zadie and Harper (and Rosie) piled onto the sit and stand

at the Field museum


The perfect Thanksgiving day photo.  Seven special people to be thankful for.






Rosie really REALLY liked the little glass box at the top of the Sears tower.










Goodbye dear ones.  And thank you for sharing your holiday, your children, and your lives with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment