Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Jamboree

One thing about living in a small town (or for us, a series of small towns), it takes a little time to learn the language.
Andy signed up to play 7 and 8 year old baseball this year, big boy baseball.  Let me tell you, the learning curve for mama has been steep.  When I got the practice schedule that had us at the ball field 5 days a week, I thought, "this must be the wrong one, this must be for the teenagers."  Oh, I have a lot to learn.
Today was the "Jamboree."  It took me the entire week to get a handle on what that means, and I'm still not completely sure.  But we loaded up the kids, chairs, coolers and camera and went to the ball field.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong Tallassee folks, but I believe that the games they played today were just for practice.  Although, Andy assures me they counted.  There was a scoreboard and the Braves won them both, so you can bet they counted to Andy!
All that matters to this mama is that it was a lot of fun.  Andy played, we cheered, the girls played in the dirt.  A good time was had by all.

That pesky fence- it totally wrecks my action shots

Andy hanging out on first base... unlike t-ball, he now understands that he should watch the game while on base.


Victory dance. Got it covered.




Jan and Charlie came to watch the game, and to get the baby's nose.



And if there's one thing that 7 years of motherhood has taught me, it's that small people will put up with almost anything (including 6 hours at the ball field) if there are good snacks provided.

and lots of drinks to stay cool.

Sugary ones that are only allowed on special occasions :)

Yep, you're the man.  Lots of base hits and a few RBI's.  Yep, I was watching the games.  I might have to learn a little more about baseball since Andy seems to love it so much.  Last year all I knew was that Andy was "that guy who stands between 2nd and 3rd base to try to stop the ball from rolling into the outfield." 
 So that was the Jamboree.  It also included yummy b-b-q and a great playground.  Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment