Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Beach vacation- part 1

In an attempt not to dwell on the fact that Dave is out of the country for my birthday, and July 4th, and Andy's first trip to camp,  okay, I'm dwelling.  Anyway, the kiddos and I are finding some lovely distractions to pass the time until Daddy returns to us.  We've gotten to spend some time with one of my dear friends from high school and her family, along with my sweet mama.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the week so far.

Zadie and Nanny on their way to enjoy a little Pompano Joe's

Zadie, Hannah, and Andy checking out the Gulf



Look, it's me.  

My favorite picture from our visit.  Zadie and Rick Allen are so sweet together!

A little ray of sunshine.
My sweet little fire-cracker

Emma Harper; lulled to sleep by the surf








Kate's beautiful children, Rick Allen, Hannah Madison, and Emma Harper


Sorry to just put up a bunch of pictures with no fun stories about the mischief Kate and I used to find in high school, or the mischief the children are sure to find together now that they vastly outnumber us.  I'll take a walk down memory lane once I'm home and have chores to avoid.  For now, I'm at the beach.  Believe I'll go have a piece of birthday cake.  Happy Independence day!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I did think about you yesterday on your b'day knowing Dave was gone..:( Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete